If you find yourself in a financial crisis related to COVID 19 you are not alone; 5 million Canadians applied for emergency financial assistance or employment insurance as of April 16, 2020 (CBC News, April 16, 2020). If you or someone you know needs assistance filing EI, tax returns, we may be able to help. We have a clean, safe space with the computer, and staff to assist your application.

  1. You could contact Canada Revenue Agency yourself. Canada.ca/service-canada-home or by phone at 1-877-631-2657
  2. Call FCSS and make an appointment. We will discuss your situation and see what your best option is. Vulcan Office 403-485-2106 or 403-485-2192 either extension 101, or 103.
  3. Refer someone in need to us. Do you know someone whose life has been turned upside down with COVID 19 stress? We understand many of the local programs and have confidential partnerships with both the Reaching Home/ARDN and Low German speaking Mennonite translation service by appointment. We also work closely with our food bank to ensure their basic needs are met.