The Youth Centre is open for ages 10 – 18, (if still in school) on Monday and Wednesday from 4-8 pm and Friday from 2-8 pm. Closed on holidays.
The Get-A-Way Youth Centre is a developmental drop-in program for youth. Our goal is to provide the youth in our community with life skills, exercise and to provide them with a positive alternative to risky behaviour as well as a safe and bully free place for them to go. Within the Youth Centre we strive to develop the character, confidence and connectedness of the youth by giving them opportunities to increase their ability to problem solve, work together with those who are younger or older than themselves, develop social and conflict resolution skills and to take on responsibility and ownership.
Activities include movie nights, dances, pool tournaments, crafts, mini library, open mic nights, drama club, outdoor activities, Wii, theme nights, annual Haunted House and much more!
We appreciate donations of all kinds to keep the Youth Centre up and running.
Annual fundraisers include:
- Spring Plant Fundraiser. We are currently taking orders for this fundraiser. You may download the letter and order form on our website at this address from this post. Please note the deadline date to order is March 9th, 2017, and cheques are to be made out to Get-A-Way Youth Centre. Thanks!
- Poinsettia Fundraiser in November – more details to follow.
FCSS partners with the school in the County to offer different programming at the school throughout the school year.
Upcoming events for 2017 include:
- Family Matters Day March 4, 2017 — more details to follow.
- Babysitting Courses spring & summer.
- Girl Power & Good Guys Friendship Youth program at schools.
Previous special events and programs for youth include:
- Flying Bob’s Circus Camp for Kids – Dec 2016
- Kitchen Social Oct-Dec 2016
- Family Halloween Dance in Champion Oct 2016
- Healthy relationships facilitated by Rowan House Emergency Shelter – 2014
- Motivation Magic with Steve Harmer – 2013
- Anti-Bullying Presentations – 2014
- Stewards of Children Workshop facilitated by Little Warriors
- Duke of Ed Mentorship Program
- Babysitting courses facilitated by St. John Ambulance – spring and fall courses ongoing
- Leaders of Tomorrow Volunteer Appreciation Awards – annual volunteer dinner and awards ceremony for outstanding youth mentors
- Parent Workshop facilitated by Parent Link – 2014
- Parenting Fair – 2014
- Senior/Youth Golf Matchup – 2013
- National Geographic Coloring Book -2013
- Community Safety Books by Safety Net – distribute books on an annual basis
- New Years Eve Celebration – annual event
- Annual Fall Fair at the rodeo grounds